Accomplishments This Year
Through your continued support, the booster club has been able to fulfill the following needs of the Athletic Department for the 2016/17 school year:
- Excellence in Athletics donation for our turf field
- Volleyball gym rental
- Golf (boys & girls) facility use
- Swimming & Diving pool rental (boys & girls)
- Treadmill for Trainers
- Supplies for Trainers
- Soccer warm-ups (boys & girls)
- Basketball uniforms (boys)
- Lacrosse uniforms (boys & girls)
- Wrestling singlets
- Baseball uniforms
- Success event for Cross Country team
- Success event for Tennis team
Planned & Budgeted Expenditures
- Hockey rink rental
- Track uniforms (boys & girls)
- Cross Country uniforms (boys & girls)
Save The Dates
These events are always well attended. You'll want to get your group together early and buy your tickets.
Sunday, March 12th - Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebee's (8-10am). Tickets are only $10 for bacon, breakfast potatoes, juice, coffee, and of course flapjacks!
- Contact a Team Delegate to buy your tickets
- All tips will be given back to the Booster Club
- There will be a 50/50 side board
- Interested in volunteering or donating to the event, contact Chris Dewes at email@example.com
Saturday, June 10th - Golf Outing at Cossett Creek in Brunswick
Athletic Booster Club Newsletter
Happy New Year! We wanted to get our first 2017 Newsletter out and thank the 215 families who have joined the Strongsville Booster Club for the 2016/17 school year. We have Team Delegates for every sport except one, this link lists the TEAM DELEGATES. Our goal is to have 80% of all athletic families to join our club. We are still signing families up and believe we can achieve our goal.
We're very excited to announce that we've committed to providing an annual Strongsville Athletic Booster Club scholarship this year to be awarded to a 2017 SHS graduating senior. We are putting the final touches on the requirements of the scholarship and it will be done soon. Once we've finalized the application process with the HS guidance office, we'll place rules and details on our website as well as emailing this group. Be sure to share this exciting news with other families that have a college bound Senior. One very important requirement will be that your family will have to be member of Strongsville Athletic Booster Club. Encourage your friends to join the Booster Club with these two easy steps (1) register their email and (2) join Boosters by purchasing their membership at: JOIN BOOSTERS TODAY!
One goal the Booster club has is to increase student and overall attendance to sporting events throughout the year. We would like to encourage all of you to attend some of the many games - Boys and Girls Basketball, Hockey, Boys and Girls Swimming, Wrestling & Gymnastics events before the postseason tournaments/meets. All the teams are doing a fantastic job and love it when you support them in person. All events schedules are on the SHS ATHLETIC WEBSITE
As a reminder, the Strongsville Athletic Booster Club is composed of volunteers from the community that are interested in providing support to all the Strongsville City Schools athletic programs. We welcome all additional volunteers and support to help us reach our Athletic Booster club goals. You do not need to have a child in the school to become a member, just a passion to provide needed support to our athletic programs and student athletes. Encourage your friends to join the Booster Club with these two easy steps (1) register their email and (2) join Boosters by purchasing their membership at: JOIN BOOSTERS TODAY! Feel free to get in touch with one of our BOARD MEMBERS to learn more about the Strongsville Athletic Booster Club or come to one of our meetings.
Thank you for being a part of Boosters, we appreciate your support!
President, Strongsville Athletic Booster Club
Next General Meeting
Monthly general membership meetings take place on the second Monday of the month. All members are welcome to attend!
- The next meeting is February 13th at 7pm
- The meeting will take place at the Strongsville Middle School auditorium.
Thank You Volunteers!
The Strongsville Athletic Booster Club is composed of volunteers from the community that are interested in providing support to all the Strongsville City Schools athletic programs. A special thank you to these Booster Club Volunteers for their efforts!
- Fall Wing Ding Volunteer THANK YOUS: Ann Roff, Jim Keating, Carrie and Chris Dewes, Michelle and Jim Crotty, Dawn Thall, Laura and Keith Housum, Pam Grealis, Kristi Clifford, Dan Martin, and of course all the Team Delegates for selling tickets to the event!
- Fall Wing Ding Donation THANK YOUS: Frank Malczewski (OSU Helmet), Square 22, Pomeroy House, Rosewood, Italian Villiage, Old Carolina, The Rail, Pita Pit, and the Strongsville Athletic Department (Mustang Gear & sports game passes)
- Playoff Football Game Parking & Program Sales THANK YOUS: Laura Housum, Jim Keating, Chris Dewes, Dan Martin, Nicole and Rob Berardi, Gabe Ortiz, Dawn Thall, Chris Gundlah, Bob Hawk
- Concessions for girls Basketball & Volleyball games THANK YOUS: Renee Cole, Diane Traczyk, Olivia and Karen Fraser, Pam Paltani, Jennie Beard, Beth Puzzitiello, Dawn Locigno, Dawn and Lindsey Thall, Marnae Holland, Abbie Moore, Madison Pavone, Katie Vanderwyst, Mackenzie Matlak, Julie Fine, Ashley Peters, Grace Borovich, and Emilia Lesniak.
The football season parking donations, 50/50 raffle sales, sports program sales, jersey sales, and the fall wing ding have netted the Booster Club over $15,000. THANK YOU!!!
2017 Strongsville Athletic Booster Club Newsletter - Volume 1, Edition 2